Tuesday, June 14, 2005

First Commute Photo Shoot

I was too exhausted to unload the stuff in the pickup bed, the day (middle of the night) the '53 arrived. Plus, the truck was covered in bugs and road grime... couldn't let the truck make it's Raleigh debut looking like that! So, after work that day, I cleaned the spare parts out the bed and cab and commenced to scrubbing. I put the rear bumper back on (which had been removed for loading/unloading from the carrier), unstuck the shifter (from the unloading exercise the night before), and installed the NC plate. My family was amazed when they saw the transformation with just soap, water, and elbow grease. We cruised the neighborhood a little, but with no seatbelts, wasn't willing to take the family out onto any main roads.

The next day, I could hardly wait to pull the truck out and drive it to work. There's an office building that's not far off my commute route, that has some neat architecture and landscaping. The morning sun is also favorable, so I made a quick pitstop to snap some photos... kinda like taking baby pictures, I suppose?

-murph








1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi murph, I have been visiting sites for hours and I really like what you have done with your blog. Informative and interesting! In fact I found your site just after
I visited
It's not exactly what I was looking for but it was nonetheless interesting to read.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home