Friday, August 12, 2005

FHM Estonia Magazine Article

Shortly after I posted some pics from the West Coast Kustoms Paso Robles show this year, I received an email from an editor at FHM Magazine in Estonia. He was interested in using my pics for a piece he was doing on kustoms. I was kinda surprised (and a bit skeptical), cuz my pics weren't that great, and I had no idea how he came across the pics on the HAMB so fast (I didn't think any of the search engines would have picked them up yet).

So we exchange a few emails, and I sent him thirty or so, high-res pics with descriptions. I thought it was cool that someone wanted to use my pics, but pretty much wrote the whole thing off as a goof. A coupla months go by and I haven't heard anything, so just for fun, I dropped him some email earlier this week.

Well, today he sends me a postscript (pdf) file of the complete article from the July issue of FHM-Estonia. It looks pretty slick! Unfortunately, I don't read a lick of Estonian, so I can't tell much about the article. It does appear that he used the descriptions I sent him (easy to tell by English words that were not translated). There seems to be a short interview on page 5, with the guy in the picture from page 1. I also appear to have gotten photo credits in the left margin of page 2. No paycheck, but hey, it is cool to see your words and pics in print (even if the words are in a foreign language, and the print is digital).

One thing I did find ironic is that the story is laced with advertisements for billet wheels and steering wheels. LOL I guess someone has to pay the bills? Here's a link to a pdf of the article if you want to check it out.

Link to July Issue of FHM-Estonia Kustom Article

And yes, I sent pictures of my own cars (I feel like a dork). I really had no idea the pics were actually gonna end up in print. At the same time, I didn't tell him which of the thirty pics to use. So... I guess it just shows that Estonians have particularly good taste in rods and customs.

-murph

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home